Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Visas and Vaccinations

Today marks the magic moment: less than two weeks until I depart for Jakarta.  I believe there's a vulgar phrase about something suddenly becoming real, and the two week point is that reality check.

My mind has been split this summer between preparing for Indonesia (visa, vaccinations, cultural presentation, gathering of gifts, finding appropriate clothing, communicating with host teacher, working on my capstone for the TGC program and reading) and my work at the University of Oklahoma Schusterman Center where I spent my days thinking about tissue culture and optical sensors.  I can feel my brain approaching overload and I can't wait to begin my journey so I can expand my mind in a different direction.

The India cohort is now in their third day of travel, and you should check the link at the top of this blog that will whisk you away to links to their blog sites (Weebly --> Resources for Teachers --> Travel Blogs --> India).  Some have already posted thoughtful stories and marvelous photos! 

1 comment:

  1. This is such an exciting time in your TGC journey! I love the way you describe it in the first paragraph!

    ReplyDelete