Tuesday, July 17, 2012

48 Hours

More or less, and I will be in Jakarta.  Exactly halfway around the world, or at least I think so since there's exactly a 12 hour time difference.  But I'm sure I'll still be livin' on Tulsa time for a few days. 

In final preparation for this trip, I searched through my gmail account to find and print my trip itinerary.  My search parameters brought up an email that I had forwarded to myself from April of 2011: the initial application for this program!  If the journey of 1,000 miles (or 9,900) begins with a single step, that was the step.  And if changes in latitude do lead to changes in attitude, you'll be the first to know.

Tulsa coordinates:
latitude: 36° 07' North
longitude: 95° 58' West

Jakarta coordinates:
latitude: 6° 08' South
longitude: 106° 45' East


I will post pictures and commentary as I am able, so I hope you'll pack your bags and travel with me.  And please comment and let me see this journey through the lens of YOUR eyes as well as mine!

1 comment: